Spain at the Festival Folk Arts of Budapest
A delegation of Spanish artisans from Extremadura exhibited its traditional products among 800 Hungarian exhibitors, a delegation of Algerian artisans, craftsmen from Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Artisans were :
- Andres Amores Sanchez, Potter
- Natalia Yael Rosa Benchoam, Stain glass artist
- Raul Ernesto Cabrera Bruno, puppet’s maker
- El Gardanes, saddler / shoemaker
- Jesus Lopez Hita, shoemaker
- Maria Dolores Martin Guardado, jeweler
- Fernando RodriguezEduardoMontilla, sculptor of bronze andmetalobjects
- Constantino Trujillo Aguilera, Jeweler
Thousands of visitors strolled among the the stands, demonstrations of skills, local events, workshops and games for children, concerts and continuous shows …
A new exhibition on the Hungarian crafts revisited – between tradition and modernity – was presented in a new site recently restored Royal Palace of Buda on the edge of the Danube, this hoisting intangible heritage core of Hungarian culture and EU in this highly historical and tourist spot.
This event is a true recognition for this unique Festival in Europe by the richness of authentic handicrafts.